POSTPONED: Welsh Open Tournament


Dear Competitorsbridgend

It is with great sadness that Bridgend Canoe Club has to announce the postponement of the Welsh Open this weekend.
Unfortunately due to the recent weather we have experienced, there has been an outbreak of blue green algae at the dock in Llanelli. As a result the Environment Agency has deemed the level to be too high. Camarthen County Council have worked tirelessly with us over the last few days to try and resolve the situation but for reasons of safety cannot allow us to use the water with this level of algae.



Having extinguished all other possibilities in the past few hours to move the event elsewhere we have regrettably come to this decision.

We are provisionally looking to re-schedule the event for 7th & 8th of September 2013 and hope you would all be able to attend. If you could let me know ASAP we will try to make the appropriate arrangements. This date has been reset to coincide with our sponsors and dignitaries.
Please bear with me and I will try to arrange refunds to teams if you are unable to attend the new date.

On behalf of Bridgend Canoe Club I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this might cause but we have been left with no other option.


On behalf of Bridgend Canoe Club
Mob 07785 371706

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *